Decision to shift metro car shed project back to Aarey!

Devendra Fadnavis, the deputy chief minister of Maharashtra, instructed the government’s criminal division to inform the Bombay High Court that once the nation gains access to electricity, it will move the metro vehicle storage facility to Aarey Colony. Fadnavis also criticized everyone who was opposed to the Aarey car shed project, saying that the issue should no longer be politicized and that the decision had been made for the sake of the residents of Mumbai.

In light of former Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray’s decision and the best interests of Mumbai residents, the BJP leader claimed he could make the right decision on the metro car issue.

Eknath Shinde instructed Advocate General Ashutosh Kumbhakoni to build the Metro car shed in Mumbai’s Aarey neighborhood after taking the oath to serve as the state’s chief minister.

Thackeray had already commanded the transfer of the metro car shed from Aarey to Kanjurmarg. According to Fadnavis, Uddhav Thackeray submitted a plot in Kanjumarg that is the subject of a legal battle.

25% of the work on Aarey is complete, according to Fadnavis.

“The devastation of the forests wasn’t the only factor. The claim was heard in court. The Supreme Court, the Green tribunal, and the overburdened courtroom docket all gave it the pass ahead of time. Devendra Fadnavis questioned, “I need to ask how it’s possible that those people permitted a few resorts inside the area.

Without a car shed, the Metro 3A line cannot work, according to the BJP leader. A disputed land in Kanjumarg was suggested by Uddhav Thackeray. Even if painting begins, it will take four years to complete.

In a similar vein, “The paintings are currently 25% complete on the Aarey website, and the remaining 75% might be completed very soon. Through SC, the internet website was approved. I had pleaded with Uddhav Thackeray to put his ego aside and allow the paintings to be completed. SC also permitted this website to be online since the metro creation artwork would benefit the environment. The metro car shed project will thus take place at Aarey.”

In his first interview with the media after resigning as Maharashtra’s chief minister, Uddhav Thackeray said on Thursday that he was saddened by the decision of the newly elected Eknath Shinde-Devendra Fadnavis administration to move the Metro-three car shed from Mumbai’s Kanjurmarg to Aarey Colony for their first cabinet meeting.

Thackeray pleaded with the current administration to stop “tasking anger for me on Mumbaikars” and warned them against playing about with Mumbai’s atmosphere.

The Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (MMRCL) requested permission from the Mumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) to cut down trees in the Aarey area in 2019, which resulted in significant protests. This is when the Metro car shed dispute first surfaced.

The Sanjay Gandhi National Park borders the 1,287-hectare Aarey Colony, which is referred to as the basic undeveloped lung of Mumbai. The BJP-Shiv Sena government started looking for a shed to build online in 2019 for its current metro project.

In protest of this action, citizens and inexperienced activists moved to the Bombay High Court. But shortly after the high court dismissed those petitions in favor of a live tree felling, MMRCL started the tree cutting. The Mumbai civic frame had authorized the metro administration to cut as many as 2,700 logs. Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation justified tree cutting by saying that it is only occurring in a small area in Aarey Colony and is not widespread.

The Maha Vikas Aghadi (MVA) government, which took office in 2019 and decided to outsource the duty to Kanjurmarg, however, decided to do so as protests intensified and designated about 812 acres of land, a portion of Aarey Colony, as a reserve forest.

Disclaimer: The views expressed above are for informational purposes only based on industry reports and related news stories. PropertyPistol does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of the information and shall not be held responsible for any action taken based on the published information.

Bookmark

No account yet? Register

(Visited 147 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.

Buy and Sell Properties
25k+ Properties
241+ Location
311+ Agents
1Lac+ Customers