E-awas: Just What You need to Know
Whether you work for the government and live in or near Delhi NCR, this article will provide you with information on how to get a government-allotted home on a competitive system close to your workplace.
The General Pool Residential Accommodation (GPRA) system uses a governance technology called e-awas and an internet portal called e-sampada to make this allotment as painless as possible. E-awas assures that the government’s distribution of housing to employees is transparent and devoid of corruption (G-2-E).
There under GPRA, the central government owns up to 65,000 residential units, which are all gradually allocated as vacation houses or tax-free residential zones by the directorate of estates (DoE).
The main business of the Directorate of Estates is to handle the allotment of Government Residential Accommodation to officers/officials of eligible Government of India offices. The online allotment application is used to complete the allocation procedure, which is completely automated.
Nevertheless, not everybody is qualified for an allotment. The Department of Education follows a thorough assessment and approval process for all applicants. A standing list is created based on numerous characteristics, and residential units are then allocated depending on the eligibility requirements.
Continue reading to learn more about e-awas and the requirements for receiving government-assigned housing.
GPRA eligibility requirements
To obtain government-assigned residential lodgings, one must overcome numerous obstacles. The most important criteria to remember are:
Applicants must be central government employees or employees working inside the NCT’s boundaries. The Cabinet Committee on Accommodation must accept the applicants’ proposed location (CCA).
- Applicants working in government agencies outside of Delhi must submit their proposals to the directorate after the CCA has approved them. Including the ideas described below, important material like the status of the office and the date of departure must be given.
- The applicant has to be a resident of the allocated zone. The whole NCT region of Delhi is an assignment zone. The city limits would be the allocation region, as dictated by regional offices in other cities.
- The applicant’s department must not have an accommodation scheme in place for its personnel. It was put in place to prohibit people from amassing a large number of properties.
- A priority waiting list is in place for all allotments. There are different priority when it comes to obtaining housing, and the homes vary appropriately.
Let’s examine at the types of houses and grade pays that the automatic e-awas system can accept now that you’re familiar with the eligibility requirements for a GPRA through an e-awas facilities.
Preference for distribution of lodging.
Only one consideration for the lower sorts of lodgings (types 1-4) is rank or date of enlistment.
There are various variables to consider when it comes to higher-end accommodation, including such:
- Grade pay for officers
- Basic salary
- Start date of the service
- Candidate’s current pay period begins on this date
Officers leaving earlier are given more priority on the waitlist if all elements are judged to be comparable among two or more applicants.
Few things to keep in mind
- The allottee should acknowledge the house and obtain the permission slip by the 18th of each month following approved allocation.
- If technically ownership is not obtained by the 20th of the month, the vacancy will be carried forward.
- If the tender process permits for houses, the candidate should submit a revised account by the end of the preceding month’s last day. (Let’s use the March 2022 bidding as an example.) By February 28th, 2022, the required to submit their information.)
- The bidding initially defined from the first to the ninth day of the month (from March 1st to March 9th) and ends at 5 p.m.
- These houses are assigned on the 10th of each month (for the march bidding cycle, allotment starts from 10th march, 2022 on a waiting list basis)
Disclaimer: The views expressed above are for informational purposes only based on industry reports and related news stories. PropertyPistol does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of the information and shall not be held responsible for any action taken based on the published information.